Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's a GIRL!!!

Well, we had our ultrasound on Tuesday and everything looks great as far as baby is concerned. We would like to announce that we're having a baby girl. Her name is Chloe Lynn. Seems appropriate since she's due in May. Chloe means 'blooming'. April showers bring May flowers :)
My midwife wants me back though in 10 weeks to do another ultrasound. They want to check the in and out flow of Chloe's heart (she is too young right now to see them) and make sure that the placenta has moved up, not down. Right now it's only 1 cm from my cervix. For those of you who are unaware of the dangers of that, if the placenta covers the cervix, it's a condition called Placenta Previa and there is no way to have a natural childbirth. It'd be a scheduled cesarean section. Also, if the placenta is close to the cervix, it could cause more bleeding than normal. So far we're okay and we'll continue to pray that it moves up.

Chloe is measuring around 9 oz. Perfect for a baby that is 19 weeks gestation. It is still very surreal to have a baby growing inside of me. I haven't started showing big-time yet. If I wear my maternity pants I look pregnant, but I've only gained 2 inches in my waist. I guess I just need to embrace my 'overweightness' and enjoy looking pregnant, even though it's not baby yet :)
Still not feeling the baby move. I can't wait for the day I do - and better yet, when David can feel her moving!! Soon and very soon she'll be kicking me in the ribs while I'm trying to sleep!
Here is a picture of me @ 19 weeks pregnant:



Our baby girl:

No comments: