Thursday, May 19, 2011

She's Here!!!

Well, as most of you have seen on Facebook, Chloe is here! She made her arrival on Tuesday, May 10th @ 12:43AM. She weighed 8 lbs 9 oz and was 20 3/4" long.
She is such a blessing! And - knock on wood - is an easy baby so far. She sleeps about 3-4 hours at night, wakes up to eat, and goes right back to sleep for another 3-4 hours. I can't ask for anything better. Yes, 8 hours of sleep would be great, but I'm not planning on that happening for a while :)
I broke out of the hospital as soon as I could. I think the nurses were surprised to see how eager I was to get outta there. I had to though. I don't sleep AT ALL! It wasn't the baby keeping me up, it was the darn nurses coming in and out every hour to check on me.
I have to give kudos to the St. Vincent nursing staff! They were exceptional - both in the labor & delivery and in postpartum.
No, I didn't get to have my water birth that I hoped for, but I got the birth experience that I wanted. And, God knew better than I did! I have to believe that. Labor was 22 hours long and was NOT a walk in the park! Chloe was facing my left side, so I had horrendous back labor!!
I had the desire to labor as much as I could without any medical interventions, and I did just that. After 18 hours of pain that only increased to back labor I decided I needed something to take the edge off. The epidural was heaven :) I had been up for going on 35 hours straight and I was exhausted!! After pushing for an hour and 15 minutes Chloe was born!!
That's all for now. I'll post more when she's hit a milestone of some sort most likely. And I promise it'll be before she's walking :)

No comments: